Author Topic: Hiya from Tualatin  (Read 2291 times)

Offline valkyrio

Hiya from Tualatin
« on: February 18, 2017, 04:54:14 PM »
I'm a newbie who has enjoyed costuming of various sorts for many years. Having been a Star Wars fan since I stood in line for ANH with my Dad in '77, I'm looking forward to trooping as a "Good guy that often pretends to be a bad guy doing good."  Truly a Rebel at heart, I plan to have a couple of soft parts costumes (Leia & Amidala) to accompany the TK armor I want to complete soon.

My husband bought a TK armor kit for me last year, along with his own (He rocks!). We madly trimmed our pieces, then stalled. Now that I'm getting back to the armor build, I would love tips from others who, like me, are "a little short for a stormtrooper."  The idea of trimming pieces to fit is daunting, but hey, the shoulder piece goes almost to my elbow, so it has to be done! 

- Valeri

Offline CadBane3

Re: Hiya from Tualatin
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »
Hello and welcome! You've come to the right place. Post a build log and you'll get tons of comments and support. Good luck and we're glad to have you!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:48:36 PM »
Welcome!  There are "build parties" that get organized from time to time to help people get finished up.  Lots of advice and help here for you.  Good luck!
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »
Welcome!

This might help a little bit with trimming. Generally my best advice is to trim a little less than you think you need to. It's easy to take more off but hard to replace it once it's gone!

Offline james.p.moser

Hiya from Tualatin
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 02:33:44 PM »
I am an Imperial attaché for the FISD and would be glad to help with any questions you may have. I live near Progress Ridge so am not too far from you both. I am currently helping two other TKs get their armor together and would be glad to help with any questions you may have with fitting and trimming.

Jim - TK50899
Jim - TK50899

Offline valkyrio

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »
Hi Jim, and thanks!

After another pause for RL, I am back to trimming now, and hope to get a lot done over the next week!  Having met Daryl recently, I posted a question to him on our Couples TK Build thread yesterday.  If you have some guidance on that question, please chime in there!

- Valeri

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »
I will check it out and get back to you. Most likely Daryl already has you covered he is a very experienced builder as well. I just live close to you if you needed some "hands on" help. ;)

Jim - TK50899
Jim - TK50899

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 10:13:01 PM »
How goes the build? :)
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing."

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Tags: