Author Topic: Introduction: Stags Checking-in, WIP TIE Pilot  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Stags

Introduction: Stags Checking-in, WIP TIE Pilot
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »
Hey Everybody!

New to the group. I live in the Portland-Metro area and have been interested in joining for some time. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'll be around at the events as a spotter.

I'm planning on starting with a TIE pilot reserve, which I'll upgrade to a TIE pilot. In the future I will want to build a TFA Snowtrooper and I really like the Deathtroopers from Rogue One.

For the TIE pilot, for the flight suit, I see a lot of stuff online for them. Do people normally buy a black jumpsuit and then sew the pockets on? Does anyone have experience with the wampawear flight suits? Also, looking for a good pair of jackboots, what is the best source for these?

Thanks all!

Offline daryldoak

Re: Introduction: Stags Checking-in, WIP TIE Pilot
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:42:20 AM »
I have a wampa wear flight suit for my AT-AT Driver.  It's 100% accurate for TA without changes, but I can't say for sure about the requirements for Tie.

I know when I bought mine the pictures on the WW site were not up to date.  I'd recommend reviewing the CRL and then sending an email to them with questions.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 12:11:47 PM »
Hi Joe,
I also have the Wampawear jumpsuit. It is 100% accurate and approvable for TIE pilots. They recently updated their pattern to include the screen accurate point on the back of the collar. The cosplaysky.com jumpsuit will also pass for basic approval. The Jackboots are a bit trickier. I found mine on ebay, but I've heard of people getting lucky at Army surplus stores in the area. Good luck!  :mrgreen:
TK/TD-76216

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:21:00 PM »
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Stags

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:50:58 PM »
I'll check that surplus store out.

For the hat, I heard a few people could help make one (I have a large head so I am always cautious with ordering online).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: