Author Topic: Considering doing a Clone Trooper costume  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Not_a_Jedi_123

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Considering doing a Clone Trooper costume
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:17:30 AM »
Hey there everyone! I've been on the forums for a short while now, I've talked with a few of you, and have been doing research about putting together a stormtrooper costume. However, recently I've been considering doing a clone costume instead. I'm still not 100% convinced, but I've definitely been thinking about it. Also, how many clone troopers are there in the Cloud City Garrison? I'd imagine there are probably more TK's than clones, but are there enough clones to make it look like a proper clone unit (not just a few guys here and there)? All feedback, advice, and opinions are more than welcome; I have much to learn!  :D
There is no try... only do or do not

Offline NavySith

Re: Considering doing a Clone Trooper costume
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »
A Clone is a good choice. I have a 212th Clone and am going to start working on an Animated ARC trooper Fives. As far as the garrison and base go, we are very limited on Clones, there are only a few of us.

You'll want to go to The Clone Trooper Detachment, http://501stclonetroopers.com/, They can help with your build and answer questions.

What Clone are you thinking about doing

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:41:33 AM »
I have Captain Rex, and he's a lot of fun with the people  that have seen the Clone Wars series and now the Rebels show. I don't wear his as much, as there's a certain green bounty hunter that takes up a lot of my troops too. There's lot of great choices for clones, so my advice is to go with the one that resonates the most with you. Scott gave you the link to the best resource for building a clone, but feel free to ask us if you have any questions and keep us updated with your choice and build!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
I currently have a Phase 1 animated in progress, very slow progress. 99% sure it will be a Commander Cody.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Not_a_Jedi_123

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »
What Clone are you thinking about doing

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of possibly doing a phase 1 501st trooper, or possibly a generic phase 1 sergeant, or maybe even Echo or Fives from the Clone Wars series; I'm still deciding though lol

Offline Not_a_Jedi_123

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 11:57:30 AM »
I have Captain Rex, and he's a lot of fun with the people  that have seen the Clone Wars series and now the Rebels show. I don't wear his as much, as there's a certain green bounty hunter that takes up a lot of my troops too. There's lot of great choices for clones, so my advice is to go with the one that resonates the most with you. Scott gave you the link to the best resource for building a clone, but feel free to ask us if you have any questions and keep us updated with your choice and build!

Nice! I think I might go with either an AOTC phase 1 sergeant, or possibly Fives from the Clone Wars series (which I've been binge-watching a lot lately :lol:). If I decide to go with Fives, I think I'll do the "For Hevy" variant (photo: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TC_CW-animated_fives_for_hevy ) Also, do you know where I can find DC-15a/s blaster replicas for sale?

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 12:06:03 PM »
There's a guy on the Clonetrooper forums that will periodically do runs for those. Depending on the version of Clone you're doing make sure you get the right one (Movie or animated).

The WoodChuck is his name I believe. :)
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Not_a_Jedi_123

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
There's a guy on the Clonetrooper forums that will periodically do runs for those. Depending on the version of Clone you're doing make sure you get the right one (Movie or animated).

The WoodChuck is his name I believe. :)

I've heard of him, I'll be sure to check that out!

Tags: