Author Topic: TrooperCipher Introduction  (Read 2630 times)

Offline TrooperCipher

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
TrooperCipher Introduction
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »
Hello All,

I'm very excited to join the community.  Creating a suit and becoming a trooper has been a dream of mine since back in college 20 years ago.  A friend was getting into it so I decided to take the plunge finally. 

I'm in Longview but would eventually love to meet up with some of the members and talk about trooping and armor building. 

My friend was able to acquire some stock of TE armor kits and I bought one of them.  I've been working on the armor using a lot of resources online and at the FISD.  My helmet is nearly done.  I've just got the visor to install and internal foam padding so I can wear it comfortably. 

Once I have that done I've got to start fitting some of the armor.  Most everything has been rough trimmed.  The real trick is going to be losing the weight to fit into it properly.  I've gained about 25lb in the last 18 months so I need to lose that to get back down to 185 so I can fit it.  I'm nervous to fit it now since various parts of my body will shrink, most noteably my stomach but probably some girth in thighs and biceps.  I've considered doing a blog on the "Body Armor Build" where i work on shrinking myself while I build the armor but unfortunately my enthusiasm for building it is outweighng my weight loss plan ;)

I'll take some shots of the helmet soon so I can get some feedback on it.  I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out.

If anyone is getting together for an armor build party soon I'd love to try and make it to meet some of you.  If anyone is heading to the longview area you're welcome to meet up anytime.

Best,
TrooperCipher

Offline Leia8674

Re: TrooperCipher Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »
Welcome!
Macy

Offline Mosi

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »
Welcome!
pew pew

Offline TrooperCipher

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »
Thanks!  I'm super excited to be here.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
Happy to have you and look forward to seeing your build progress!

Offline NavySith

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
Welcome

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 05:51:45 PM »
Welcome aboard!  :azn:

I totally recommend building the armor before finishing your weight loss goal. I speak from experience.... Also I'm lazy and building the armor was less effort and more instantly satisfying.  :tongue:

Really though, losing some weight won't effect the fit of your armor by tooooo much. If it does, it's easier to shrink parts down than it is to make them larger. Again, speaking from experience! Worst case, you add some foam to the inside to make it fit a little more snug again.
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »
Welcome.

I live in Battle Ground, so I'm not too far away from you. 

Let me know if you need any help.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Welcome Kai!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline TrooperCipher

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 09:17:07 PM »
Thanks for the tip Pixelito.  I can probably do the extreme ties but I tend to hold my extra weight in the midsection so I may do that last.

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
Just saw this post. Daryl is a great resource as he already is a Centurion in the FISD. Here is my build thread, it's a Walt's Trooper Factory kit, which is a TE2 derived kit. http://bit.ly/jimsstormtrooperbuild

Jim - TK50899
Jim - TK50899

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 01:10:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Kai! Start a build thread and keep the progress pics and questions coming!  :mrgreen:
TK/TD-76216

Offline TrooperCipher

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 08:40:11 AM »
Nice to meet you all.  I'd love to get together Daryl.  Maybe sometime this month I could head up there.  I might bring my friend who's building one too.

BTW, if anyone uses Skype much you can add me: cipherkai

Tags: