Author Topic: MadH8R Introduction  (Read 2605 times)

Offline MadH8R

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
MadH8R Introduction
« on: January 07, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
Greetings everyone!

My name is Wes.  I'm 43 and live in Tualatin.  I'm a local LEO  :police: and reached out to Star Wars Oregon volunteers last summer to visit our summer camp.  (Thanks again guys!).  I have been considering a Stormtrooper build for decades.  With two of my three kids in college now, I'm flat broke, but have more time on my hands than I've been accustom to.  It's time for a new hobby.

I'm interested in building a Shoretrooper costume to get this adventure started.  I have done zero, and need lots of advice on sourcing and assembly of the pieces.  I feel that I'm somewhat artistic and kind of handy with stuff, but this is going to be a huge learning process.  I look forward to meeting everyone!

Offline james.p.moser

Re: MadH8R Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
Welcome Wes! I'm retired military, just turned 42 and live pretty close to you by Progress Ridge in S. Beaverton! I do a TK, (that's what we call Stormtroopers). I am also an imperial attaché for the FISD. The FISD is a resource for everything Stormtrooper. I suggest that you go over to their forum and get signed up and do an introduction there. They will point you back to me ;) but there is soooooo much info there you can get lost for years reading. That's why there are attaché's to help you out! Here is the link for getting started: http://bit.ly/GettingStartedFISD

Let me know if I can be of help. There are many choices of armor and it can be intimidating so let me know if you get hung up. Looking forward to meeting up with you soon!

Jim - TK50899
Jim - TK50899

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 04:19:11 PM »
Welcome Wes!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 04:25:55 PM »
Welcome Wes!
Macy

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 04:51:30 PM »
Welcome aboard! Stormtroopers and Shoretroopers are both great builds I think! :) For Stormtroopers Jim has you hooked up with where to go. Shoretroopers are currently part of the pathfinder detachment, you can get signed up here: http://forum.bikerscout.net/

Feel free to hit us up with any questions you run across, and we'll try our best to get you pointed in the right direction.

Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »
Welcome and good luck with your build!  You'll find this is a great group and lots of help and advice is here.
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 06:22:43 PM »
Welcome Wes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 06:50:50 PM »
Greetings and welcome!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Beckett

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 07:59:31 PM »
Welcome Wes!
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

There are a few Shoretrooper WIPs over here that you might want to check out for inspiration: http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?board=103.0

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 09:41:50 PM »
Hi, Wes!

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Shoretrooper in action!  While you are working on your build you might consider coming out to an event as a spotter (one of our non-costumed helpers).  This is a great chance to meet members and get some in person input on your build.

If you are interested, you can find spotter sign ups for events in this thread:

http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0
Jedi Missy

Offline MadH8R

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 09:25:57 AM »
Thank You Everyone!

I have registered with the other forums and posed the following questions on bikerscout.net.  Please feel free to weigh in and PM me if more appropriate.

Pros and Cons of Type 1 vs 2 vs 3. Is it simply preference? Is one more comfortable than the next? Is one more problematic to source or build than the others?

Sourcing hard armor. Pros and Cons. I would like to keep it as simple as possible and want to use a reputable, preferably US supplier. I have no particular experience with either plastic or fiberglass, Is one going to be more forgiving than the other?

-Wes

Tags: