Author Topic: Howdy from near medford!  (Read 3425 times)

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Howdy from near medford!
« on: December 27, 2016, 11:48:59 PM »
So yeah it appears after all this time being here and even starting a build thread I totally forgot to introduce myself.
My name is Zack and I live in EP which as you guessed is waaay down here in Southern Oregon.
Hopefully between college and w/e else pops up I will get this Sandtrooper finished so I can get to trooping! Personally I would say I'm at a solid 15% done.

Offline Beckett

Re: Howdy from near medford!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 12:09:23 AM »
Hey Zach,

Good to meet you. Look forward to trooping together.
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »
Welcome Zach! Let us know if you need some help and we'd be happy to assist!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jim - TK50899

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:59:34 AM »
Welcome and good luck with your build!
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:24:35 AM »
Thanks y'all!  Also I actually do need help with my build. Sounds dumb, but I'm shy a few coverstrips. Atm I had to order new shins from WTF and he tossed some in, but that is at minimum at least 6 weeks out. Which has put my build to almost a stand still.

As it sits I just need to fine tune the right thigh, finish the left thigh, wait for the new shins to come in, put coverstrips on most pieces, and start on strapping. Helmet is pending on weather. Also anyone got a good source  for the canvas for the belt and strethy material for the shoulder straps?( My bet is Joanns might have something?)

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 08:39:26 AM »
Rob Kittell's belts are fantastic.

http://imperialissue.com
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
If you're super desperate for cover strips right now, you can order sheets of white ABS on Amazon and cut some out yourself... They might be a slightly different shade of white, but with the weathering you'll add, nobody will be able to tell.

The elastic that you need for your shoulders can be picked up at pretty much any craft store, just don't get the super cheap, thin stuff!

And lastly, I'll second Daryl's belt recommendation  :grin:
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »
Haha yeah I already ordered once sheet which I used to make my fatboy kidney shims and the left over went to making coverstrips for the forearms.
Also I'm guessing it's better to buy his belt rather than create one? ( Not the first to point to him. Also his belt does look great.)

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 11:54:55 AM »
Thanks y'all!  Also I actually do need help with my build. Sounds dumb, but I'm shy a few coverstrips. Atm I had to order new shins from WTF and he tossed some in, but that is at minimum at least 6 weeks out. Which has put my build to almost a stand still.

As it sits I just need to fine tune the right thigh, finish the left thigh, wait for the new shins to come in, put coverstrips on most pieces, and start on strapping. Helmet is pending on weather. Also anyone got a good source  for the canvas for the belt and strethy material for the shoulder straps?( My bet is Joanns might have something?)

I have mountains of white HIPS scraps, and black ABS.
Those arent great combinations for what you need, but should work if you are painting/weathering.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »

Those arent great combinations for what you need, but should work if you are painting/weathering.
Hey either of those could work. Nobody really sees the inside coverstrips!  If ya got a pp I could forward a bit of money for shipping and whatnot.

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 01:35:55 PM »

Hey either of those could work. Nobody really sees the inside coverstrips!  If ya got a pp I could forward a bit of money for shipping and whatnot.

What size pieces and how many you want?
send me your address and I will get em going
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
Pm'ed.

Offline james.p.moser

Howdy from near medford!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
While you're waiting you may notice that the right WTF thigh is slightly taller than the left specifically where it meets at the front of the hip. This will lead to it digging into your leg when you step up something like a curb. You could trim that down a bit if you find it an issue as I did, before you do your strapping.

Jim - TK50899
Jim - TK50899

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »
Oh I have  TE kit. But I do appreciate the heads up. Been trying to fine tune the thighs so I have decent mobility.

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »
Oh I have  TE kit. But I do appreciate the heads up. Been trying to fine tune the thighs so I have decent mobility.

TE is a good kit too. I like the TD but I figure that Id start as a TK and when it's gets beat up enough I'll convert it to a TD. ;)

Jim - TK50899
Jim - TK50899

Tags: