Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 2877 times)

Ribann

Hi there!
« on: December 25, 2016, 02:11:42 AM »
My name is Adam and I used to be Darth Vader for you all and I got banned from the forums because word got out I sold my costume! :)

Hopefully I can be a part of you again sometime in the future even though if you sell your costume you get insta-banned same-to-next-day! :D

Great being a part of you all!

Offline Leia8674

Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 12:25:20 PM »
Hi Adam!   Great to hear from you!  I hope all is well  :cool:   That would be great to have you back in and out trooping.   It sounds like there might be some misunderstanding with the 501st(and RL also follows this) process.  Which this is a great time to mention for anyone else too who might be new to our forums!

IF you have an approved costume and have not trooped for 1 year you get placed on what is called "reserve" status.  What this means is that you have a 1 year grace period to troop again or you will be retired and lose all " private membership forum" status.  As well as while you are on reserve if there are any kind of elections or voting you do not have those privileges.

IF you have only 1 costume with the 501st or RL and you sell that costume - you immediately are no longer in the costuming part of membership and lose those functions(voting/private membership areas) of which ever group you are in.  Some may have a costume in both RL & 501st - yet may sell a RL costume and no longer have those membership privileges while maintaining their status in 501st or visa versa.   CO's, XO's, & SWO Admin Team keep a record on troops, selling, costuming status.

I hope that helps =)  Apologies to what may have appeared as banning of any kind, it is simply the loss of no longer owning an approved costume in the group.

Look forward to seeing your new costume and you out trooping again!   Cheers!  :D
Macy

Ribann

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:16:49 PM »
All I want to know is who was it who revoked me from the forums after discovering I sold Vader.

Please tell me.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:21:52 PM »
For CCG, as the local forum admin, I changed your status to Retired. Nobody ever banned you. You are (obviously!) still able to post here.

For the 501st, after Harry checked in with you months ago about whether you and Danielle still had any of your costumes, and you responded that you did not, he changed your status on that forum to Retired. Again, not banned.

I'm happy to direct you to the parts of the 501st Charter that define membership levels and what access goes along with them if you'd like to see for yourself that we're just following our group's protocol. Nobody has it out for you. We'd love to see you build another costume and return as an active member.

Ribann

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:39:14 PM »
Yeah, Mindie, why don't you do that and please message me about Harry messaging me.

Like I said, if someone hadn't seen I sold Vader, I'd still be able to participate for (within) a year.

I'm sorry that you have such small parameters for membership.

Not like everyone actually participates in the organization, save a few.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:44:50 PM by Ribann »

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:48:15 PM »
Yeah, Mindie, why don't you do that and please message me about Harry messaging me.

Like I said, I someone hadn't seen I sold Vader, I'd still be able to participate for (within) a year.

I'm sorry that you have such small parameters for membership.

Not like everyone actually participates in the organization, save a few.

Adam,

I think you're missing the point Bro. No one was being picked on or singled out. You yourself admitted to Harry that you didn't have your costumes anymore. You're still a member of the forums. You keep your ID number. It sounds like you've moved onto bigger and brighter things anyway. House and kids. That's awesome news. The charter does state:

Retired Members

A Retired Member is defined as a member in good standing who (one or more of the following):

Does not have an active costume or does not own a 501st approved costume.

I'm only posting because you seem to be upset and it's been stewing from Christmas until now.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:49:23 PM »
http://databank.501st.com/databank/OperationsProtocol#Section_2:_Membership
See the section on Retired members.

I need to message you about Harry messaging you? I don't understand what you're asking for, but I'll send you a PM.

These are not my parameters for membership or Harry's parameters for membership or any other single person's parameters for membership. They are the 501st's parameters for membership. Are you suggesting that you wanted to break the 501st Operations Protocol by continuing to have active member privileges (buying merch, voting, etc.) even though you had sold your only costume and were technically a retired member?

And no, not everyone participates in the organization. However, in 2016, we had 122 active members who participated in events and only 11 who didn't. If 122 is "a few," then I'm happy with that.

Ribann

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 12:01:43 AM »
Everyone knows you don't troop, Mindy.

If you can provide physical evidence that I sold my suit, I'd be happy to go along with the "rules".

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 12:26:22 AM »
Actually, I think everybody knows that sometimes I do troop. Maybe not as much as I'd like, but it happens. Do you want stats? I love stats!

Is this not evidence that you sold your costume? You've said so yourself.
My name is Adam and I used to be Darth Vader for you all and I got banned from the forums because word got out I sold my costume! :)

You posted on Facebook when you shipped your Vader off to its new home. If you've gone back and deleted that from your page, I can see if I happen to have a screenshot.

When Harry emailed you and Danielle on 10/26/16, you responded and said that all of your costumes and Danielle's were sold except for her Slave Leia.

Do you still own an approved 501st costume? I think your simple, honest answer to that question is really all we need.

Offline Beckett

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 12:48:01 AM »
I trooped with Mindie last weekend....and several times this year. She's great! It seems your misinformed and your feelings got hurt. The good news is....we can still put all this ridiculousness behind us and put on spaceman costumes and bring some smiles to the Galaxy. There's a much better way to go about doing what your trying to do my friend. hopefully it can all be worked out because I'd love to troop with you sometime when you get back in the game. A few people who have known you have spoken highly of you. The "rules" aren't perfect....I'm not a huge fan of some of them either. spending even a second thinking anyone around here is out to get you, though, is a waist of time (even if someone is) because there's too much work to be done putting smiles on people's faces.

I used to play football for the Ducks....I remember being pissed when, after I graduated, I couldn't get into the lockeroom whenever I wanted. I had to call and schedule it. Lol. I just watch the games on TV now, though, so I'm not sure how well that got worked out. Well, actually, I don't even watch the games because I'm having to much fun trooping, lol.

Anyway, hope you are well Adam. We shook hands once or twice as I recall because my wife used to work with you.
You can also find me on Facebook: Josh Beckett or Facebook Messenger. Or if you hate those you can shoot a text to 503-999-4664
joshmbeckett@gmail.com

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 12:55:01 AM »
Well said Josh. I'm gonna lock this down until cooler heads prevail.  If anyone has any issues with this they can PM me.

Tags: