Author Topic: Finally got the chance and opportunity, read as girlfriend approval, to pull the trigger on an ANOVO  (Read 19940 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I’d recommend removing more of the return edge, gradually, on the shoulders on both the chest and back.   Then use heat (gun or water) to ease the bend on the back shoulders.
Yeah I figured that's what I would need to do. Thanks Daryl.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Looking good...it's really coming together!  I'm curious to see what the vets say.  I'm going to get to this part soon, while I wait for cover strips to cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks D, it is slowly comin along.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So more dry fitting and taped the shoulder and chest. I'm not sure why the chest feels like it rides so high and will definitely need to trim some of the neck on the right side and absolutely need to trim the left shoulder tab. Seriously digs. Also not sure how to close up the ab-kidney gap. I tried it with the belt on, but it didn't seem to help and I had it so the velcro was barely connected.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So is that too much gap? I think it slipped a bit while gluing.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So I thought I would take a crack at repainting the frown and how do you get this stuff off? Tried 70% alcohol and mineral spirits and not even a dent, but I'm guessing it's very clean.

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I just used isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips. I don't remember the concentration I used though! It came off super easy for me so unless they changed whatever they used on the frown, I'd maybe try a slightly higher concentration? I might have done 80% or something. As always, try it on scrap first!
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Yeah I have the v2 bucket so they may have changed something. I did test prior and yeah neither of those worked, but I know it's really clean so I'm just going to paint over it.

Offline TD-8821

looks great so far!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Thanks I ended up having to reglue my thigh and doing the knee plate and then I should have a left leg completed.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So I think I officially have a left leg that is 99% complete. Just need to add the suspension strap for the belt and glue down my shin elastic for the bra clips.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Oh and I did clean up all the glue after I took these.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So I'm having a bit of a dilemma on my right leg. My thigh isn't setting flush to glue the rear cover strip. I tried to heat it and reshape it enough and that didn't help and I tried to clamp and magnet it together with a strip of steel with no luck either. After the clamping and magnets i still end up with about 2-3mm between the strip and the armor. Any other ideas?

The other is my shin, it fits well enough but it is overlapping top to bottom. I could trim some, but I know that the ankle can't lose anything. Not sure if I want to attempt reshaping or not.

I get some pictures when I get back inside.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Here are some pictures.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So I worked out the thigh issue.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Main construction is complete now for sorting out the little things. Back shoulder connection reshaping, right shin refitting, getting the shin elastic and clips glued and painting and I think it'll be basic approval ready.

Tags: