Author Topic: Finally got the chance and opportunity, read as girlfriend approval, to pull the trigger on an ANOVO  (Read 19935 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Thanks Daryl.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Mounted the holster to complete my belt. Got my belt clips onto the TD and installed the brackets.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So many updates. Strapping is done but now need to do a repair on the left thigh. Another case of over trimming, but it's only 1 or 2mm. Doing another attempt on my neck seal while mulling about how to do the thigh.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Neck seal 3.0 much better now just need to add the bib section and it's done.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So I decided to get back to the hard stuff. Shortened the thigh front cover strip. Dry fitting the repair area. Thinking I'll ca glue it to a improvised inner strip and then re-trim it after, but not sure if that's the right way to go. It makes sense to me for support and reinforcing. Also clipped down some scrap for abs paste. Then decided to put together my bra hooks and straps for the shin closure. I'm also working out how to get the rear cover strip flush.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Repair Work has begun.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
First coat of paste is down. I'll probably do a couple more before I call it good and solid. What is a good grit sandpaper for the sanding I have a 400 or 600 wet/dry that's probably working more like a 1000 or more?

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Second coat I think perhaps one more for the bottom and it be good. So how long should I let it set before sanding?

Offline nukem25rs

basd on solvent welding my styrene droid I'd say give it a solid 24 hours prior to sanding.. especially right now as its not as warm out to drive the solvents out.  i would actually recommend starting at like 200grit and working your way up to the 400 then 600 wet. you may actually find that to get it super smooth to move to a 1200 after the 600.. then a plastic polish and a rag to take swirls and scratches out(usually the plastic polish is about 2k-3k grit) for that smooth plastic glass finish.
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
basd on solvent welding my styrene droid I'd say give it a solid 24 hours prior to sanding.. especially right now as its not as warm out to drive the solvents out.  i would actually recommend starting at like 200grit and working your way up to the 400 then 600 wet. you may actually find that to get it super smooth to move to a 1200 after the 600.. then a plastic polish and a rag to take swirls and scratches out(usually the plastic polish is about 2k-3k grit) for that smooth plastic glass finish.
So after two coats on the top, three on the bottom and setting over night I gave it a quick once over sanding with some 60 grit, then 100, 220, 600 and a well used piece of 600 I think it may be ready for a polish.

Offline nukem25rs

yeah you should def be good to go. once you put that cover strip on and if im looking at it right the ammo pack you wont ever even see it! Lots of good progress! sorry I havent chimed in for a bit.. been taking a small slow down from everything but building my clone armor! cant wait to troop with ya! TKs FTW!!
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
yeah you should def be good to go. once you put that cover strip on and if im looking at it right the ammo pack you wont ever even see it! Lots of good progress! sorry I havent chimed in for a bit.. been taking a small slow down from everything but building my clone armor! cant wait to troop with ya! TKs FTW!!
No ammo pack, this is the left thigh, but the knee plate will help covering it as well.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards

So a quick update on my progress. I'm using the supplied strapping, but modifying it by adding snaps and using E-6000. Started getting my sew in snaps on and getting my shoulder elastic put on, but I'm not sure if I need to trim anymore any suggestions or advice is very welcome. I'm pretty sure I need to reshape the back plate shoulder strap and it seems my neck is really high and a bit narrow.

Offline DStep

Looking good...it's really coming together!  I'm curious to see what the vets say.  I'm going to get to this part soon, while I wait for cover strips to cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline daryldoak

I’d recommend removing more of the return edge, gradually, on the shoulders on both the chest and back.   Then use heat (gun or water) to ease the bend on the back shoulders.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Tags: