Author Topic: Finished sabers for Christmas gifts.  (Read 2831 times)

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Finished sabers for Christmas gifts.
« on: December 18, 2016, 12:21:23 PM »
A friend of mine saw the lightsabers I made for my daughter and myself for Halloween (she was Ahsoka Tano from clone wars) and asked if I could make 2 for her to give her kids for Christmas. After thinking about it for half a second I thought, sweet an excuse to make more!

All PVC construction. I wanted to do something different, so I made the core of the hilt look like wood. 

This one I really like. All PVC, except for the blade holder is a galvanized electrical part. I used a blue enamel for the first layer of paint followed by 2 layers of silver. Wet sand, another layer of silver, wet sand then clear coated. I sanded the hilt core with 220 then wet sanded for a smooth finish. Then 3 coats of gloss black.

Here are all 4 of the sabers I have made so far.

I'm done with lightsaber smithing for a while. I'm going to order some cree LED's off Amazon with some optics eventually when I start again. But now I'm gearing up for my first pep file fiberglass project. It is obi wans CW armor set, and I'll be making molds for reproduction. After that I'll need to get my hands on the elusive kotor Jedi armor file, I don't want to fork out the $40 for the file though. Anyone know of any other sites that might have it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Finished sabers for Christmas gifts.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:28:57 PM »
Those are some nice looking lightsabers. Nice job!

You're looking for the Jedi armor from Star Wars: The Old Republic? I think there are some free files out there, though I'm not sure where but I seem to remember seeing them. There are also a couple people who make the armor kits if you don't want to have to actually build each piece yourself.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 01:13:25 PM »
Thank you Blue Leader that means a lot. There aren't any other star wars geeks up here (none that I've met anyways)

I saw a guy selling the finished kits but most of the fun for me is constructing every aspect. I have read that the sith armor is the same accept for the guantlets.

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 01:24:55 PM »
great looking sabers!

what did you use for electronics?
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 02:54:28 PM »
These cree LED flashlights. They are cheap, simple and the right size diameter. I bought a 4 pack off Amazon for $10. They are the cree q5.

Offline jj49

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »
very cool!
TB-14944

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
Out of curiosity, what would one of these lightsabers sell for do you think? Probably not much but I'm curious.

Tags: