Author Topic: Any Fellow Anime Fans Out There?  (Read 8206 times)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Any Fellow Anime Fans Out There?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 12:13:23 AM »
Ah, that's too bad. Guess I'll have to look it up.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 01:48:23 AM »
Btw any particular genres you go for?

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 01:46:51 AM »
I'm into a little bit of everything, be it action, sci-fi, romance, romcom, slice-of-life, and pretty much anything in between. I'll watch almost anything. :P

Except for horror. I'm really not into horror.

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »
Yeah...it only takes reading corpse party or a few others to put someone off that genre.  Also it is good to be diverse with anime. It allows you to see so much more! =D

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 02:28:22 AM »
School Days, anyone? :P

I've never been a fan of horror anything, but it anime, movies, books, or anything else. It's just not my thing (which is probably weird considering how I found the supernatural and paranormal to be fascinating). I tried getting into High School of the Dead and Elfen Leid but I just couldn't do it. >>;;

Toonami is showing Gundam Unicorn, though, so that's pretty awesome. More Gundam in the US is always fantastic.

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 08:12:52 AM »
Oh did toonami come back? Man it sucked when they took it off CN all those years ago.

Offline TrooperCipher

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »
I've been out of anime for a while but getting back into since my job requires it. 

I got into it during the original syndication of Robotech and early movies like Akira.  Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is probably my favorite anime followed by Appleseed. I worked at a video store in college so saw pretty much everything up to the late 90's.

I really need to finish Tokyo Ghoul and Spice and Wolf soon.  I'm supposed to watch Strike Witches as well but I'm not sure I can handle all the FS ;).  My Hero Academia and Assassination Classroom are next.  The live action Assassination Classroom was great.  Anyone seen these and like them?

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »
Oh did toonami come back? Man it sucked when they took it off CN all those years ago.
Yeah, Toonami started back up around three years ago. It replaced the Saturday night/Sunday morning Adult Swim.

I've been out of anime for a while but getting back into since my job requires it. 

I got into it during the original syndication of Robotech and early movies like Akira.  Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is probably my favorite anime followed by Appleseed. I worked at a video store in college so saw pretty much everything up to the late 90's.

I really need to finish Tokyo Ghoul and Spice and Wolf soon.  I'm supposed to watch Strike Witches as well but I'm not sure I can handle all the FS ;).  My Hero Academia and Assassination Classroom are next.  The live action Assassination Classroom was great.  Anyone seen these and like them?
A job that requires the watching of anime? Man, I need that job. :P What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Robotech was what started me getting into it as well, along with Sailor Moon. One of the earliest movies I can remember watching was Ghost in the Shell (though I can't say for certain I hadn't seen any anime movies before that, I can't really remember).

Spice and Wolf was a great series. Strike Witches was actually a pretty good series, too, though I haven't seen the second season. Another good series to check out is Girls und Panzer, which is kind of Strike Witches-ish with girls fighting using weapons of war, but they're not so much fighting for their lives and there isn't much in the way of fan service.

I haven't seen Assassination Classroom yet or My Hero, though I really should watch both. Though right now I need to get my hands on Akiba's Trip, that series looks like it might be as awesome as the video game. :P

Offline NavySith

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »
Not sure if you aware but OMSI is having a Studio Ghibli Film Retrospective in the evenings now thru the 22nd. Two films every night.

Sent from the Utapau battle front

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »
I'd heard about that. It sounds pretty neat. :)

Offline TrooperCipher

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 10:10:02 PM »
I'm a partner at a board game company.  We are making games based off anime and pop culture licenses.   So I get to hunt down cool properties and think of games to make with them. 

My primary company is Ninja Division but I co-run our subsidiary, Shinobi 7.  We are launching s7's first game in North America.  My Little Pony RPG.  My daughter is pretty excited about it. 

Of course my dream would be working on a Star Wars product.  Our new project manager has and I'm super jealous :)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 01:08:29 AM »
I'm a partner at a board game company.  We are making games based off anime and pop culture licenses.   So I get to hunt down cool properties and think of games to make with them. 

My primary company is Ninja Division but I co-run our subsidiary, Shinobi 7.  We are launching s7's first game in North America.  My Little Pony RPG.  My daughter is pretty excited about it. 

Of course my dream would be working on a Star Wars product.  Our new project manager has and I'm super jealous :)
Oh, wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Sounds like a place where you could be creative and use your imagination, which is something I love doing, being able to use my imagination and be creative. And boy I can certainly think of a lot of things that would make fun games, RPG or otherwise.  :lol:

Offline shwarzwald

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »

Well that's just awesome. Wish I knew jobs like that existed before I got so old! XD

BlackyNoStars

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »
I'm not big on anime but I like one piece, Naruto, and Inuyasha.

Tags: